11.01.2004

Forget imaginary assistants. Amy Sedaris goes all the way with an imaginary boyfriend:
No, really, I was going to ask how your relationship with Ricky is different from relationships you've had with other men.
I think it's easier, again, because of the distance. I mean, we just like each other. I know that he likes me a lot and I like him a lot. He's low maintenance. He's only here for the holidays, so that's nice. I don't have to hear him complain. One thing I like about him is that he doesn't have a lot of video equipment, so I don't have to deal with wires. He doesn't listen to David Gray or whatever his name is. He doesn't listen to the typical white-boy date-rape music. That's nice, too. And because he's from Argentina, he likes wine and more cultural things than the typical American boys that I've gone out with. He's not just going to throw on a T-shirt and cutoffs with sandals. He's going to brush his hair and stuff, and that's really important.
Yes, there's definitely something to be said for that.

-Lauren
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?