11.02.2004

I voted today. I'm so jazzed to watch the returns tonight, even if it is proving sort of tough to find a friend in New York who owns a television. It feels great to live in a democracy, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next few hours that it's more participatory than the last time around.

Last night when I was walking home from the subway, there was a 12 or 13-year old girl walking down 86th Street with a Kerry-Edwards placard, stopping to remind every single person who passed her to vote today. When I got home, I had a message from a former co-worker and friend who is working to get out the vote in Florida, who said that the energy down there is amazing.

It totally lifted my spirits that people, especially young people, actually care this year, that they feel like something is actually at stake. Because it always is, but we're living in such a different world than we were four years ago.

Here's hoping that regime change begins at home--

xo,
Lauren
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?