11.14.2004

On select Friday evenings the Whitney presents SoundCheck, a series of live music and literary events by some of downtown's most adventurous talent.

It should say, "downtown's most adventurous 'men'." Dudes. 100% guys ... which is cool, I guess. But, please, Whitney darling, keep your copy honest.

Of course, everyone performing there is quite talented, and it is an exciting series, but I think it's rather gross that the obvious exclusion of female performing artists from this season's line-up clearly didn't occur to anyone involved in making those decisions.

It's goes without saying that I love the Whitney. I go all the time, and I was seriously thinking of joining their young collectors program. But I don't think they're ready for me -- at least not this year.

Related:
Artsy magazine
The Guerrilla Girls

-Lauren
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?