1.31.2005

Good morning cupcakes!

Not much for you here at the mo', I'm afraid. I had a few things in mind, but you'll have to console yourselves with the latest edition of the Smart Set for now, up at MaudNewton.com at 12:30pm. I'll try to post later on if I have time, but this week is going to be hella hectic for me -- although it fortunately features a sweet payoff at the end, with our own Elizabeth's first NYC reading at Bluestockings on Friday!

In the meantime, have you read Beatrice editor Ron's new review of book reviews for Artsjournal? So meta, I know, but ya gotta love it. It's called Beatrix, and it's fabulous. It sounds like the perfect place for some critical commentary on the fact that the New York Observer's Daniel Asa Rose has mentioned blow jobs in two separate reviews of work by women writers lately. Uh, no, I don't know why that is, either.

Definitely check Beatrix out. Also, bonus: Elegant Variation editor Mark is filling in there today, and his claws are sharp. I like that about him.

More later-

xoxo
Lauren
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?