3.10.2005

What a gorgeous Cupcake we had with Megan Kelso and Ariel Bordeaux last night. Just exquisite. Megan introduced us to her world of artichoke people--amazing slides of her work backed up by a perfect soundtrack of Sigur Ros. Ariel brought us to Maple Valley, where a sweet little old lady may or may not have burnt down a library--quite a mystery!

Next month: April 13, featuring Rene Steinke, author of the new novel Holy Skirts, and Paula Kamen, author of the nonfiction work All In My Head. Don't miss it.

xo
Elizabeth

and P.S.: The only writer ever to be a repeat Cupcake, our beloved Jami Attenberg, just sold her book of short stories to Crown! Do your backflips! Sing a song! We are surely doing that over here (we need it--when is spring coming anyway?). I'm doubly pleased because I got to see the stories this fall in one of the private workshops I teach in Brooklyn--I am so proud to have had Jami as a student. (New rounds of workshops starting up April 4, filling fast. Email me for current info: emerrick at gmail dot com).
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?